Climate change mitigation and adaptation together with the unfolding biodiversity catastrophe pose the biggest challenges facing our society. Adapting our businesses and industries to meet this challenge requires new ways of working and significant upskilling.
The Environmental Sustainability Skills for Managers course aims to provide supervisors and managers with a strategic and operational overview of environmental sustainability as it affects their specific industry and work area.
The course includes:
• an understanding of the strategic opportunities and constraints that environmental sustainability presents organisations
• the importance of resource efficiency
• the impact of environmental sustainability across the value chain
• the impacts of pollution, prevention, control, and environmental legislation in organisations
• how employees support environmental sustainability
The aim of this two-day course is to support managers and supervisors in understanding the strategic and operational implications environmental sustainability has on them, their team and department, enabling them to contribute to the improved environmental
sustainability of their organisation.
No prior environmental knowledge required
• Practical activities and workshops throughout
• Can be tailored to suit individual company needs
• Helps ensure managers and supervisors understand their role in promoting sustainability within an organisation
+ €25 IEMA course certification fee