Photo credit NEBOSH
NEBOSH publish a quarterly newsletter. Their latest edition includes new research, conducted earlier this year, which shows that any person looking for a health and safety job without suitable qualifications “need not apply”.
The 2011 NEBOSH Jobs survey found that:
- Just three of 100 nationally (i.e., UK) advertised health and safety vacancies failed to specify an appropriate level qualification or professional status.
- In 93 job adverts, a NEBOSH qualification and/or Technician Membership of IOSH or higher was specified.
- 66 of the 100 job adverts mentioned at least one NEBOSH qualification.
- A NEBOSH Diploma was specified in 45 cases and a NEBOSH Certificate level qualification 37 times.
- Membership of IOSH (The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health) was mentioned in 48 job adverts. 5 mentioned ‘Tech IOSH’, 17 mentioned ‘Grad IOSH’, and 26 mentioned Chartered Membership (CMIOSH).
More information here
We are taking bookings on NEBOSH Certificate commencing in October and NEBOSH Diploma courses commencing in September.
The NEBOSH Certificate meets the academic requirements for Technician Membership of IOSH (Tech IOSH) and Associate membership (AIIRSM) of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
The NEBOSH Diploma holder may apply for Graduate membership of IOSH (Grad IOSH). This is the first step to becoming a Chartered Member (CMIOSH). This qualification is also accepted as meeting the academic requirements for full membership of IIRSM (MIIRSM).
Finally data compiled by NEBOSH shows that pass rates for SQT candidates consistently out-perform NEBOSH averages on both Certificate and Diploma courses.
Contact Jean on 061 339040 or email@example.com for more information.