As every new year, comes along, it bring new hopes, dreams and aspirations. It is an opportunity to make us more focused and allows us to concentrate on what the future could bring to us. Well, the year 2019 is not far away now and while a new year may not be about changing destiny, there is always an opportunity to sit what are look at what the new year can bring. So here is what Turlon & Associates believe are the five things that project managers should be on the look-out for during 2019 and maybe even beyond:
- Project Blogging becomes the Medium of Engagement: – Blogs have been around for a long time now and in the age of social media they have not become somewhat redundant. They are complementary to other social media tools to post ne ws, updates and ideas with team members, as well as other information, links and attachments related to your projects. However, they do give information about projects but also generate and encourage discussion, therefore improving collaboration between project team members. We predict that 2019 will see more use of the project blog to document the progress of your project, especially for virtual teams.
- Jira to become the Project Software of Choice: – Jira is an agile project management software used by development teams to plan, track, and release software. It is a popular tool designed specifically and used by agile teams. Aside from creating stories, planning sprints, tracking issues, and shipping up-to-date software, users also generate reports that help improve teams, and create their own workflows. The use of Jira is both of the Agile and non-Agile parts of the business and it is slick, smooth and easy to use and we predict it will be the software of choice during 2019.
- Organisational Agility will become the Key Messaging from the Boardroom: – Agility is the ability of an organisation to renew itself, adapt, change quickly, and succeed in a rapidly changing, ambiguous, turbulent environments. Organisations are looking for become dynamic in the face of competition and change and the mantra of organisational agility will intensify during 2019 to become the mantra from the executive boardroom to the project delivery team.
- Artificial Intelligence will no longer be a buzzword but a reality: – Industries are adopting artificial intelligence and machine learning on a grand scale. Tech companies both big and small are working on artificial intelligence projects that will shape the future of industries such as healthcare, banking, business, education and more. We’re not quite at the point where everything is automated but we’re getting there and we do think in 2019 this will become a reality. This is going to be all around us, quietly running in the background and keeping things moving along. AI is silently reshaping our society by affecting how we get things done, and we will see more of this during the upcoming year. Brace yourself!.
- Social Media will be part of every communication strategy: On the face of it, one might expect that project management, with its defined constraints of time, costs and effort, would be among the leaders in social media. Why, because it does support faster and timely communication and this is what projects are all about. Yet we do not hear a lot about the practices and effectiveness of Social Media for project management. Possibly it has not taken-off as one might have expected but 2019 will see all of this change. Social-Media will become the basis of a project communication strategies.